If you're looking for top quality and precision engineering - look no further!
The Leica DM500 is ideal for viewing compost organisms.
The microscopes stand features provide plug and play capability.
All you need to do is turn the power on, place the specimen slide on the stage, focus, and enjoy the view!
The Leica DM500 microscope with “plug and play”capability is the ideal tool to make teaching entry-level college and university Life Science courses easy and fun for the instructor and the student.
Student-friendly features such as the pre-focused, pre-centered condenser and the EZTube™ preset diopter, which prevent incorrect adjustments, provide more time for hands-on teaching.
EZStore™ design with integrated handle and cord wrapallows easy carrying, easy lifting and protection against microscope component damage.
DM500 – Science Teaching Made Easy
Science Teaching Revitalized
The more time the instructor has to teach, the more students can learn. The Leica DM500 and DM750 microscopes were specifically developed to revitalize science teaching and to achieve the goal of more hands-on time for Life science courses. With many student-friendly features and high-quality construction, the Leica DM500 and DM750 invigorate science learning and teach the next generation of scientists effectively and efficiently.
Based on the same optical platform as Leica Microsystems’ research microscope line, students enjoy outstanding optical performance with full access to virtually all accessories from the Leica Microsystems microscope product line.
NEW! 100× dry (no oil needed) objective provides very high resolution (N.A. 0.8) while eliminating the oil.
Integrated vertical handle provides easy carrying and easy lifting when storing on high shelves; undercut on front of stand works in combination with the handle for safer, two-handed carrying.
Integrated cord wrap eliminates damage to microscope components from improper cord wrapping; vertical cord insertion prevents the cord from pulling partially out of the stand while in storage or in use.
The unique shape of the microscope stand protects controls from damage when microscopes are stored side-by-side.
Student friendly slide holder to prevent slide chipping.
LED illumination provides cool, white light with a lifetime of over 20 years average use. No longer need to change lamps during lab time and save the expense of replacement lamps.
The cost-savings pays for several microscopes over their lifetimes.
Microscope stage maintains its dimension, which eliminates the chance of injury from contact with a conventional stage rack.
Rounded edges are easy on the skin.
The spread of disease from surfaces is of great concern, especially in educational environments. Leica Microsystems has integrated an additive so that all microscope touchpoints are treated to inhibit the growth of bacteria. This helps to prevent the spread of disease via the microscope surfaces and leads to a healthier laboratory environment.
The Leica DM500 is ideal for first level Life Science courses.
The microscope’s stand features provide “plug and play” capability. All students need to do is turn the power on, place the specimen slide on the stage, focus, and enjoy the view!
Ready to work
Pre-centered, pre-focused condenser eliminates the need for adjustments
- Eyepieces integrated with the eyetubes to prevent loss
- Preset diopter adjustments eliminating the opportunity to incorrectly set diopters
- Other viewing tubes are also available
Patented captive thumb- screw for safe rotation of the EZTube™
All in one
Condenser slot for phase contrast and darkfield sliders, including patented 4 position phase slider which offers brightfield and phase capabilities all in one slider
- LED illumination designed to provide even lighting across the full field of view without adjustments
- Also available with a rechargeable battery powered stand for field use
You can share, capture and archive images with our Leica ICC50 digital camera module. The ICC50 integrates with the DM500 microscope, fitting between the microscopes viewing tube and stand for the best system integration and alignment.
Go High Definition!
The ability to share, capture, and archive images is an important part of the microscopy laboratory. Now available: the full range of Leica Microsystems imaging solutions, including the one-of-a-kind Leica ICC50 HD digital camera module.
Leica ICC50 HD Camera Module – Integrated and Modular (Camera is optional & is not included in the price)
- Fast, high-resolution (up to 1920 × 1080) live image on an HD display for scanning slides, observing moving specimens, and viewing the finest details on large screens
- Direct connection to an HD display
- Capture images and movie clips on an SD card for easy portability of the system
- Control the camera functions via two onboard buttons for easy access
- Optional handheld remote for fine tuning the image, customizing camera settings, and viewing a gallery of images and movie clips from the SD Card for easy playback
- Includes Leica Application Suite (LAS) EZ software for easy camera control, image capture, annotation, measurement and documentation.
NEW: Free hand annotation is now available on the live and saved image!
- Compatible with a wide selection of optional Leica Micro- systems software modules.
- The modular design of the system allows easy upgrades and service.
A variety of trinocular viewing tubes and C-mount adapters provide the versatility to use stand-alone cameras; including the economical Leica EC3 digital camera, which opens the door to unlimited imaging possibilities.
What comes with this microscope?
- Leica DM500
- Stand: DM 500 Right Hand Stage Standard Stand with 4 position nosepiece
- Tube : 45 degree Binocular EZ Tube with integrated 10X/18 eyepieces and Pre Set Diopters
- Objective HI PLAN 10x/0.25 PH1
- Objective HI PLAN 40x/0.65 PH2
- Objective HI PLAN 100x/1.25 OIL PH3
- Australia power cord
What optional upgrades are available ?
contact us if you require prices for these items
- Phase Slider,4 pos
- Immersion oil, 10ml
- Objective HI PLAN 20x/0.40 PH1
- Variety of cameras
Need more information before purchasing?
Contact us now: firstname.lastname@example.org