What benefits can you obtain from compost?
Good compost does two things:
(1) Adds FOOD for nearly every kind of organism needed by a healthy soil;
(2) Adds an enormous diversity of ORGANISMS – bacteria, fungi, protozoa, nematodes and often micro-arthropods and earthworms.
This publication will:
1. define what good compost is,
2. discuss how to obtain those benefits and
3. give you pointers on how to get started making good compost.
By reading this manual, you should be able to:
1. determine whether a particular batch of compost is good or poor,
2. determine how to sample compost
3. determine the organisms present
4. determine whether the compost is the best choice for making compost tea
This book is also available in a CD format
A good companing book would be the 5th Edition of the Compost Tea Manual which is found HERE